It's time for another feature update! The highlight?
After talking about bringing them to SocialCu.be for so long, it's about time they're finally here. If you've used discord or slack, you're already familiar with how these work. Simply click the little emoji in the corner to bring up an emoji picker which you can use to react to... well... what can you react to?
Turns out, a lot!
Reacts are supported on:
- Statuses (likes/dislikes have been converted to thumbs up/thumbs down emoji respectively)
- News articles
- News comments
- Blog comments
- QN comments
(Note that there is a limit of 20 unique reacts to make sure that they don't go on for miles. Don't act like someone wouldn't have tried to react with every single emoji if we didn't do this.)
Quality of Life improvements!
- Redundant reply button to a status on the comments page has been removed.
- Replying functionality has been extended to the majority of the site for consistency.
- Tagging someone will only notify them once per post, regardless as to how many times you tag them
- The postbox for blog comments has been moved above existing comments for consistency.
- Several css files have been minified to reduce the initial page load time on slow connections.
This update was pretty extensive, so as usual, feel free to post in the bugs
forum thread if you see anything that appears to be broken.