on August 18, 2017
Welcome to SocialCu.be 3.0!
Wow, this is long overdue. It's been like what, 3 years since 2.0 came out? Feels like forever. Anyways, enough about that. WHAT'S NEW? (I'll tell ya)
- New look! Every page has been overhauled to feel more consistent, clean, and modern. No more pages looking like they were slapped together in 30 seconds and uploaded. No. These pages were slapped together in more than 30 seconds. Probably even more than 50 seconds.
- Dark theme! Although we're deprecating the old themes, SocialCu.be now has an officially supported Dark Theme along with the default light theme. Just flip the theme switch on the settings page.
- Real-time notifications! That's right folks, no need to refresh the page to tell if you've got new notifications. As long as you have a modern browser (you DO have a modern browser, RIGHT???) you'll be able to receive the notifications as they appear thanks to the HTML5 notification API.
- Friend autocomplete for messages! Now being friends with someone actually has benefits! Friend names will automatically appear in the "to" field as you type.
- Messages now send notifications! Pretty self-explanatory, but hey, it's new so I'm putting it here.
- Updated notification page! You can now view as many past notifications as you want! Idk why you would want to, but now you can.
-Removed clutter! We got rid of some pages that were just gathering dust. Overall, this should just help the site feel more clean.
- Logout now works. (Apparently that broke a while ago?)
- "Remember me" should remember you longer now.
- Several misc. typos have been fixed around the site.
Things to know:
Unfortunately, this update may not be all fun and games for some users (sorry about that). One of the decisions we made while developing SC 3.0 was to officially drop support for the 3DS and use the Bootstrap framework to develop the site. This made front-end development much faster and, last time we checked, nobody was using the 3DS browser anymore anyways, so we hope this isn't too much of an inconvenience.
Additionally, the 3.0 update will be the last major update for SocialCu.be. We're glad to have all of you stick around to see this day and we hope you enjoy the update. However the current SocialCu.be staff is going to be moving on to bigger and better things soon and as such, we wanted to leave everything in a good place. SocialCu.be isn't going anywhere anytime soon (and we'll make sure to apply any critical security fixes as may be necessary) but no new features will be developed (unless there's a sudden spike in popularity for some reason).
Man that's a lot of text...
So, wrapping up, that leaves one more thing. Starting now, for 24 hours you will receive double cu. for everything! (Don't forget to spend it in the App Store! :P) Thanks again for being a part of this, and we hope to see you around!